Sunday, June 04, 2006

Eight times a Lady

I've been tagged by Chloe to list eight most desirable traits I seek in a lover. Truth is, I have never in my life went out looking for women with a checklist. I don't make comparisons, I try not to judge, and I especially do not benchmark. I'm a pragmatic person, I am. Oh yes, the only reliable thing I swear by when seeking a partner is my Chinese Zodiac-Western Horoscope-Feng Shui Love Match Almanac.

But it's so hard to find the perfect partner, isn't it, perfect according to your drawn up list.
"Are you a Saggitarian Fire Goat? You are?! What are the odds! Wait, there's more - were you also born facing East? No kidding! Um...you're also a lesbian? Damn! ...so close!"

Anyway, as long as we can dream, here's my perfect woman:

1. Smell. Her scent is intoxicating. When I'm close to her, nuzzling against her ears, her cheek, her neck, I am in a heaven of senses. The pleasant scent of her shampoo when she cuddles in my arms, or the lingering fragrance of her perfume on my shirt, or simply the mild fruity freshness of her newly-scrubbed skin when she comes out of the shower.

2. Touch. She loves to be touched, and loves touching me. Feeling the smooth texture of her skin sends shivers down my spine. Holding her soft hands make me lose myself in her. She always wants to hold hands everywhere we go, a hug every so often to remind me of her love, a cuddle at times to know I value her, and simply finding in touching each other a completeness to our lives.

3. Sound. We treasure an intimacy that needs to be sustained daily with communication. She needs me to tell her I love her every day, she tells me the depths of her heart's content, she knows when to play vixen, friend, soulmate or mother. And I can tell her anything, and she listens.

4. Sight. Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, but she can make a few heads turn at least - and for the right reasons. She's not a self-obsessed vainpot but takes pride in being presentable, is happy with her reflection, and has a face I want to see first thing in the morning for the rest of my life. Not too pretty, more a girl-next-door look.

5. Taste. Her lips are sweeter than wine. She is the girl I'd give up smoking for. Her taste is wonderful all over. Also, her taste in fashion, although a pretty subjective area, isn't too extreme compared to mainstream tastes.

6. Heart. She is kind-hearted, not excessively, and not necessarily to any particular category of living things, but she doesn't possess a single malicious bone. Most of all, she has a gentle manner about her, slow to anger, not foul-mouthed, quick to forgive, and full of love.

7. Mind. She is comfortable with who she is, and thankful for who she is with. She appreciates intelligent jokes, has a sense of fun and adventure, relishes an exchange of views or ideas about any topic under the sun, and loves reading. She lives in the present, looks to the future and is romantic about the past.

8. Soul. She is faithful and loyal, always rising to my defense when threatened, always willing to trust my words first before others'. She is wise beyond her years, knows all my unspoken cues yet never fails to be surprised by me. She understands me, accepts me, and wants me. She is my soulmate.

Don't wake me up just yet. Zzzzzz....


I would tag 8 more people if I KNEW 8 more people, or rather, if they knew me. But you don't need to be tagged to draw up your own list. Go ahead, it's fun to fantasize. :)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good blog, buddy! you might want to add that being able to get along with her mother as a plus point!

keep the good stuff coming!

12:17 AM  
Blogger rainbow angeles said...

your 8x a (dream) lady sounds like... errr ... errr... an angel... and guess who could that be? LOL!

2:35 AM  
Blogger Jules East said...

the more vivid your dream, the faster you'll realize them. Good luck!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Fashionasia said...

hope you find her!!

1:56 PM  
Blogger caffeinated said...

yeah great in-laws are a plus, doc. but not that important for me :)

Angel: i haven't the foggiest. why don't you tell me :)

juei: sometimes i wonder if you're talking about me or yourself *wink*

fashionasia: hope?! does that mean you won't help me look? soraiit.

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww... dang. i want to trash my own list and rewrite something romantic. but then again, it wouldnt be what, or rather who i'm "searching for".

good luck in your search. =)

9:42 PM  
Blogger D said...

juei: the more vivid your dream, the faster you'll realize them. Good luck!

that scares me. a lot. really.

anyway. imho, ur dream girl exists in every girl. it's just how a girl shows it. affection is very subjective... some girls might find the term "bitch" very affectionate too ;)

we were all born innocent. so yes, it is definately how we understand each and every criteria.

10:56 AM  
Blogger caffeinated said...

chloe: to thine own self be true :)

fluffy: if what u say is true, i'd have gone out with my curry mee seller by now.

in a way, tho, what i think u mean is, every woman is a dream girl to someone.

hey, fluffy, why don't u do ur own list? i wanna read! um..i hereby tag you.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like "touch". It occured to me that he and I will always hold hands (the only exception is when we're angry with each other and want to sulk - doesn't last long). Like he said "My hands always search for yours. It's like reflex".

Be still my heart.

And wah, you so romantic-lah...

My wish for you is NOT that you find the girl who fits this ideal, but that you find the one you love and loves you despite being flawed.

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very thoughtful dreams and well written. hope u find her

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home